2.04.2012

Hats!

I like hats. I like them a lot. I figure one can never have too many hats. But I'm probably getting close.

The pattern for this first hat came from Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. Hell, I even tried to use colors and buttons similar to those on the hat in the book because I thought it was so cute. However, I didn't check my gauge, so this hat is too small. Probably it needs to be gifted to one of my smaller-headed friends. You know what they say, "A hat that doesn't fit is only good if it's a yarmulke." And this isn't a yarmulke, and I don't think that's what they say.
Hat model?
Cute ear-flaps, but they don't reach my ears!

I made this next hat because I love cables, and I wanted to use up this yarn I had. Unfortunately, I managed to use up all the yarn before the hat was finished. If you look at the ear-flap, you can see a color change. Oh well. Cables make anything look better, (if you ask me) and they're super fun to knit.
In X-Men, Cable is the son of Cyclops who gets sent to the future!

This next hat is ridiculous. I don't know what I was thinking when I made it. I think I was thinking "beret," but instead it came out like over-sized floppy-hat. Whatever. Maybe it's like one of those Rastafarian hats or something. All I know is I lined this hat with wild print fabric, as if it wasn't ridiculous enough.
Floppy hat powers, go!


This next hat is pretty old, but I like it. When I made it, I was trying to make a Keroppi hat, but most people think the eyes are ears. Anyway, this is one of the best fitting hats I've ever made; I made the back longer than the front, and it covers my ears nicely. But it's pretty silly looking, so I don't wear it too often.
Frog hat! Kero kero...

This next hat is the easiest hat in the world to knit! Basically, you just knit a tube that will fit your head. Once the tube is tall enough to cover enough of your head plus a little extra, you fold it in half and use kitchener stitch to bind the the stitches together. I did the the bottom of the hat in seed stitch (for some reason it's my favorite hat edging) and added some triangles for ear-flaps, but that's totally optional! Oh and I had some random leather scraps that I used as... doinglies(?) on the ends of the ties.
Pointy hat!
Well, that's all. Is that enough hats for you?

Patterns: All are my own except for the one I mentioned from Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker

No comments:

Post a Comment