2.04.2012

Computer Comfort

So this semester I started an online master's degree program, which means I'm going to have to spend a lot of time sitting at my computer. Ew. Of course, I have a desktop, which means I not only have to be on my computer, but also I have to sit at a desk. Double ew. To make this less horrible, it became necessary for me to pimp out my desk area.

First things first, I got a chair. I found it for $3 at a swap meet. It looked like crap, but it was all wooden, so I hoped it'd clean up nice. I sanded it and stained it, and suddenly I had a very nice-looking chair. Except it wasn't terribly comfy.
So I made a cushion for it! I bought a cushion pad from a craft store and crocheted a cover for it. Unfortunately I didn't notice that the cushion was quite a bit bigger than the chair until I'd finished crocheting the cover for it. Oh well.
Does it look spooky to you?

Ribbon ties! <3
It almost hurts your eyes!

So anyway, that's the chair.
Then I decided I needed one of those keyboard cushions for people who type a lot. So I made one!

I had some extra fabric and for the filling I used rice. Hopefully, I never spill any water on it because then the rice might rot. And that would be really gross.

Now my computer's really comfy, but doing schoolwork still sucks. Hm... Is there a craft project that makes schoolwork not suck?


Patterns: my own

No comments:

Post a Comment